How To Edit Pinterest Pin Templates In Canva
Are you thinking of buying Pinterest pin templates but you’re not sure how to edit them in Canva? Awesome, that means that this quick tutorial is perfect for you!
In this post I’ll show you step by step how to access, copy and edit your pin templates in Canva.
Let’s get started!
Pin this post for later
I may earn a small commission for affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
What is Canva?
Just in case you’re new to creating blog and social media graphics, I’ll quickly explain what Canva is. Canva is an online drag-and-drop graphic design editor that makes it super easy to create graphics like Pinterest pins, Facebook posts, ebooks, printables etc. It comes with a ton of photos, fonts and other elements and it’s free to use!
It’s one of my favourite blogging tools so make sure to check out Canva here.
Why Buy Canva Templates?
If you’re not very skilled at designing graphics or you if you don’t enjoy designing, it might be a good idea to buy templates. Using Canva templates will save you a lot of time, not just once, but every time you use the template.
Editing Canva Templates
1. To be able to edit your Canva templates you need to create a Canva account. You can create a free Canva account here.
2. When you buy Canva templates, you’ll receive a pdf file with links to your pin templates.
Click on a template link and a Canva window like this will open up:
Click on the Use Template button and your template will open up in your Canva account.
3. Make a copy of your template by going to the top menu > File > Make a copy
4. Name your pin with a new relevant name (include keywords) in the top bar.
5. Now you can edit your pin. Click on what you want to edit and you’ll see options pop up. For instance: if you want to edit the text, select the text and in the top bar you’ll see where you can change the font, the size, the text colour etc. To change the actual wording you have to triple click on the text and then you’ll be able to edit it.
Things you can edit in you pin templates
- Replace the template title with your pin title
- Replace the domain place holder with your domain name
- Edit fonts and font sizes if necessary
- Edit word spacing if necessary
- Edit font colours
- Replace photo or video backgrounds
- Change the opacity of the transparent overlay if necessary
- Change the colour of the transparent overlay if needed
To see how I edit a Canva template, watch this quick tutorial.
Viral Video Pin Templates
If you’re looking for high performing pin templates, check out my Viral Video Pin Templates.
These aren’t regular pin templates, these are Video Pin Templates!
Did you know that Pinterest gives preference to video pins?
All my video pins have been performing far better than any regular pin.
Each of these pins has a moving video or gif element (moving arrows, sparkles, falling confetti) which makes them stand out in the Pinterest feed. Pinterest loves video pins and people love them too!
These templates are fully editable in Canva and can be re-used over and over -> you will save hours of time on designing!
Have a look at the results of some of my video pins:
This one video pin has sent over 780 people to my blog and this number is still growing every day!
And this pin has sent over 1300 people to my blog and this number is also still growing!
Video pins seem to have a longer life span and they get a lot more engagement than regular pins.
Stop wasting time on pins that don’t bring you traffic!
Are you struggling to grow you blog traffic with Pinterest?
Grab my free Pinterest Set Up For Success Guide and learn how to set up your Pinterest business account properly, how to implement Pinterest SEO and best pinning practices.