Best Free Blogging Courses To Start A Blog In 2023
Are you looking for the best free blogging courses to help you start a blog and make money online?
Starting a blog is a great side hustle idea with the potential to grow into a full time online business. And the great thing about starting a blog as a business is that it has very low startup costs. You can start a blog for as little as $2.95 per month, you can read how to do this here.
Another great thing about blogging is that you can learn all necessary blogging skills online because there are plenty of free courses and resources available.
In this post we’ll look at free blogging courses for beginners that teach you how to:
- start a blog
- grow blog traffic
- make money blogging
- and more
So what are the best free blogging courses of 2023?
Scroll down and find out…
Pin this post for later
I may earn a small commission for affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Let Me Help You Start A Blog
Starting a blog is exciting! But it can also be a challenge because there is a lot to learn and figure out. But don’t worry, I can help you!
My blog is all about helping you start a blog the correct way, the easiest way, and the most affordable way possible.
To help you out, I’ve selected a few handy resources that will help you start your blog:
Blogging Courses for Beginners
Blogging requires many different skills. Besides writing blog posts you need to learn how to create a website, how to implement SEO, how to promote your blog on social media, etc etc…
To stop you from getting overwhelmed and to learn things the right way from the start, it makes sense to take a few blogging courses for beginners.
The free blogging courses I recommend will show you how to:
- start a blog
- blog legally
- build a website with WordPress
- improve your graphic design skills
- monetise your blog with affiliate marketing
- implement SEO for organic traffic
- set up a Pinterest business account
These are all crucial blogging topics that every new blogger needs to learn and they are covered in the courses below.
Best Free Blogging Courses
Check out my list of top blogging courses and make sure to sign up, because they’re 100% free!
1. Kickstart Your Money Making Blog
This free beginner’s course shows you exactly how to start a self hosted WordPress blog and everything you need to do to be able to make money with your blog.
In this free course you’ll learn:
- How to find a money making niche
- How to set up your self hosted blog
- Must-have WordPress plugins
- Must-have website pages
- Blogging legally
- Designing your blog
- 17 steps to writing a killer blog post
- Tips for monetising & promoting
On completion of the course, you will have a self hosted blog that you own and are completely in charge of. Your blog will have no restrictions when it comes to monetising with ads, affiliate links, sponsored posts or selling products.
+ IT INCLUDES A BONUS BLOG PLANNER WORKBOOK!!
2. Free Legal Course For Bloggers
Did you know that there are certain steps you need to take to make sure that you are blogging legally? Learn everything you need to know from a lawyer who is also a blogger.
In this Free Legal Course you’ll learn:
- Why you need to take care of the legal side of blogging
- What are the legal requirements for you as a blogger
- What’s the difference between LLCs and Sole Proprietorships
- What’s copyright and how to protect your content
- What legal pages you must have on your blog
- What’s the GDPR and what you need to do to comply
- What’s the CCPA and what you need to do to comply
- and more…
Don’t risk getting fined or sued, sign up for this free course today!
3. Free WordPress Blogging Course
Are you struggling to build your WordPress website? Do you wish someone would show you how to create pages or sidebars or take you step by step through the WordPress settings?
Then this course is for you!
Wonderful WordPress will show you how to:
- Configure Your WordPress Settings
- Install & Configure Your Plugins
- Install & Customise A WordPress Theme
- Create And Edit Your Pages & Posts
- Create Your Menus, Headers, Sidebars & Footers
- Secure Your Website
- Update & Back Up Your Website
- Get Your Site To Rank In Google Quicker
- Install Google Analytics
- Bonus blog post template
This course actually costs $97 but you can get it for free if you buy your web hosting through my affiliate link. Simply set up your WordPress website with the detailed instructions in this post and email me on email@example.com with your hosting receipt. Within 24 hours I will reply with a coupon code for 100% off this course.
4. Free Graphic Design Mini Course
One skill that doesn’t come naturally to everyone is graphic design. But as a blogger you’ll soon realise you need some basic graphic design skills.
Take this free mini course so you can improve your blog design, create better social media graphics and have an overall better understanding of the fundamental principles of graphic design.
There are 10 video lessons in this course, each one featuring a common graphic design mistake. Each mistake is shown with a before and after teaching image, so you’ll have a good handle on what NOT to do when designing your own graphics.
5. Free Traffic & Monetisation Mini Challenge
This is one of my favourite free blogging courses in this list. I took this 5 day email mini challenge a while ago and the valuable tips in it blew my mind!
In easy steps it shows you how to create a clear traffic pathway for your readers and how to optimise this pathway to increase sales.
Each day you’ll receive an email with the following topics:
- How to simplify your traffic strategy
- How to increase blog income from traffic you already have
- What to say & what not to say in your call to actions
- Keyword research tips to find hidden niches
- One metric you should track to increase your blog income
This challenge is sure to increase your blog income!
6. Free Affiliate Marketing Course
Would you like a free course that shows you how to make money with your blog?
Learn how to make your first affiliate sale with this free 5 day email course.
This course will show you:
- What affiliate marketing is and why it is the best way to make money blogging
- The first 3 fundamental steps that you need to take when you’re getting started with Affiliate Marketing
- How to find profitable Affiliate Programs in your niche that you can promote without feeling “salesy”
- How to implement an Affiliate Marketing strategy or plan from start to finish
- How to increase your clicks and boost your traffic to make your first Affiliate Sale
Are you a blogger or content creator and ready to make your first affiliate sale?
7. Adventures in SEO Free Trial
One of the best ways to grow your blog traffic is by learning SEO as soon as possible! Take the free trial of this popular SEO course to learn valuable SEO techniques like:
- Keyword brainstorming for guaranteed traffic
- Google keyword brainstorming worksheets PDF
- Keywords you can actually rank for
- How to know if you can rank for a keyword phrase on Google
Plus a bonus video: Keyword research and SEO principles
8. Free SEO Course
When you start a blog it’s super important to learn how to use SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). Using the right keywords in your blog content will allow your blog posts to be found in Google.
Learn how this blogger gets over 500,000 page views per month by using SEO. This free course will show you 10 myths and mistakes new bloggers make and how to avoid them.
9. The Blogger Breakthrough Summit
The Blogger Breakthrough Summit is a free online event for bloggers which is held every year in January. It features video tutorials with useful tips from a huge selection of well known bloggers and is an absolute blogging knowledge goldmine.
You can attend the live event for free on Monday January 23- 27 2023 and watch each live session for up to 24 hours after it airs. If you want access for longer you’ll need to get a Pro Pass. You get the best deal on the Pro Pass if you get it right after you sign up for the free preview.
10. Free Pinterest Guide
Pinterest is a great way to grow your blog traffic but it’s important to set it up correctly. This is not quite a course, but definitely a very helpful guide on how to use Pinterest as a marketing tool.
In this guide you’ll learn:
- How to set up a Pinterest business account
- How to claim your website without editing code
- 7 steps to setting up your Pinterest boards correctly
- How to enable Rich Pins the easy way
- Pinterest SEO and how to get your pins to show up in search results
Other Free Blogging Tools & Resources
- Create a free Canva account and design beautiful blog & social media graphics for free.
- Sign up to the Free Tailwind plan and schedule your pins and boost traffic with Tailwind Communities for free.
- Write blog posts super fast with Jasper AI copywriting assistant > Get the Free Trial.
- Find the best affiliate programs with the free Affiliate Programs Master List
- Manage your affiliate links on your blog with the must-have free plugin ThirstyAffiliates.
- Grab the Free Content Idea Planner and never be stuck again on what to post to social media.
These are the best free blogging courses
I hope you liked these awesome free blogging courses and they’ll help you start and grow your blog!
If you’re completely new to blogging make sure to check out my free course: Kickstart Your Money Making Blog or sign up with the form below.
Kickstart Your Money Making Blog