12 Best Books for Bloggers
Are you wondering what the best books for bloggers are? The best, must-read, inspirational, motivational books for 2020?
Great! I have a list of blogging books for you that you’ll definitely want to add to your Christmas wish-list.
No matter if you’re new to blogging or if you’ve been blogging for a while, if you’re looking for books on setting up a blog or the best books on how to make money blogging, this list has got you covered.
Let’s have a look and find out what the best books for bloggers are.
Pin this post for later
I may earn a small commission for affiliate links in this post at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Best blogging books for beginners
No matter if you’re just starting a blog or if you’ve been blogging for years, blogging is a never ending learning experience. There is so much to learn about so many topics that it wouldn’t make sense to try and figure everything out by yourself.
But thankfully you don’t have to because there are plenty of great resources, courses and books about blogging that will show you what to do.
If you’re a brand new blogger and you could use some help getting started, I have a free course that shows you how to start a self hosted WordPress blog that is ready to make money:
And for the best books for bloggers, have a look below. This list includes books on setting up a blog, building a WordPress website, email marketing, SEO and social media.
Best books for bloggers
How To Blog For Profit (Without Selling Your Soul)
By Ruth Soukup
If you wonder what it takes to grow a successful online business, this book is for you.
How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) is jam-packed with easy-to implement advice for creating an authentic, successful, and profitable online business.
This book covers:
- How to create compelling content that naturally attracts your own tribe of raving fans and loyal customers.
- How to grow your audience faster by learning to focus on the proven traffic strategies that actually work.
- Different options for monetising your blog, as well as which revenue streams offer the best ROI.
- Improving your productivity, learning to work smarter not harder, and taking concrete steps to transform your blog into a business.
Learn what the most successful bloggers and online business owners are doing differently than everyone else….so that you can too.
Get your copy of How To Blog For Profit here
Lifestyle Blogging Basics
By Laura Lynn
In this how-to guide for lifestyle blogging basics, Laura breaks down how she got started with her first blog, how she progressed to where she is now, and what failed attempts at success she made along the way.
She covers blogging basics like:
- Discovering your niche
- Defining your content categories
- Choosing a blog name
- Selecting a platform
- Creating a healthy and attainable blogging routine
Next she dives a bit deeper with topics like:
- Effective ways to invest in yourself and your blog
- The importance of quality design
- Email marketing
- Collaborating with brands
- Promoting your blog on social media
- How to create a thriving community around your blog that will stand the test of time
This is a great all round blogging book for beginners.
Books About WordPress
WordPress To Go
By Sarah McHarry
Building your own WordPress website can be a bit daunting, but with a bit of help from the right person it is totally possible. This book by Sarah is perfect for beginners as it will show you step by step how to build your own website with WordPress.
What you’ll learn in this book:
- How to register your own domain and get the right WordPress hosting
- How to install WordPress
- How to create a professional-looking website with very little effort
- How to add and format your content
- How to use graphics and images
- All about themes, plugins, widgets and other WordPress tools
…and lots more…
Sarah shows you how to create a world-class website, quickly, easily and inexpensively, even if you have absolutely no current knowledge of how to build a website.
Get your copy of WordPress To Go here
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
By Jon Duckett
You don’t need to learn code to be able to build your own website, but knowing a few basics can definitely help. I especially found it helpful to learn some CSS coding to help me make small changes to my WordPress theme.
This book is perfect for beginners, students or professionals as it introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone.
3 Months To No 1
By Will Coombe
Did you know that SEO is easier than most people think?
Save thousands of dollars by doing SEO yourself with this detailed step-by-step book that will give you all the tools and know-how required to get your website to the very top of Google where the profit is.
It includes over 3 hours of invaluable ‘walk through’ video tutorials to SHOW you what to do, as well provide you with a week-by-week SEO Blueprint and Checklist. If you’ve got a solid work ethic, you’re eager to learn, and your business model is sound, ‘3 Months to No.1’ will get your site on page 1 of Google.
Easy On Page SEO and Easy Backlinks for SEO
By Debbie Gartner
To be successful with your SEO strategy, you need to work on your On Page SEO and Off Page SEO. On Page SEO is everything you do on your website to improve ranking, like using keywords, user experience and site speed.
On Page SEO is a great introduction to SEO and everything you need to do to improve your ranking.
Off-page SEO is everything outside your website that improves your ranking in the SERPs like building backlinks and your social media presence. To find out how to build backlinks quickly without much effort at all (no guest posting!) I recommend you check out this book: Easy Backlinks For SEO. This book is jam packed with golden nuggets on how to build high quality backlinks without blogger outreach.
Or you can get both books here in a discounted bundle.
Email Marketing Books
300 Email Marketing Tips
By Meera Kothand
Wether you’re new to email marketing or you’ve been at it for a while, everyone can learn something from Meera’s brilliant tips.
This book includes:
- What branding has to do with email marketing and the #1 thing most solopreneurs ignore when it comes to their email list
- 7 things your welcome email must do (but probably doesn’t!)
- Why your lead magnet has to address THESE two critical points
- 3 ways to plan your email editorial calendar
Wether your list is just not growing as fast as it should or your email sequences are not bringing you any sales or engagement, this book has the solution.
Get your copy of 300 Email Marketing Tips here
Social Media Books
By Brittany Hennessy
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re ready for bigger campaigns, this top selling social media book guides you through core influencer principles like:
- Build an audience and keep them engaged
- Package your brand and pitch your favourite companies
- Monetise your influence and figure out how much to charge
From creating content worth double tapping and using hashtags to get discovered, to understanding FTC rules and delivering metrics, Brittany shows you how to elevate your profile, embrace your edge, and make money—all while doing what you love.
Likeable – Social Media
By Dave Kerpen
It includes case studies that demonstrate the latest best practices and is jam packed with expert advice on how to:
- Engage customers
- Create content that resonates with consumers and provides value
- Integrate social media into the entire customer experience
- Effectively deal with criticism and negative feedback on social media
- Grow your audience across social channels, and much more
Find out how to delight your customers, create an irresistible brand, and be amazing on all social media platforms.
You Are A Badass
By Jen Sincero
This is a refreshingly entertaining how-to guide by bestselling author and success coach, Jen Sincero. Its bitesized chapters are full of hilariously inspiring stories, sound advice, easy exercises, and the occasional swear word.
This book will help you to: Identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviours that stop you from getting what you want and create a life you totally love.
By the end of You Are a Badass, you’ll understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can’t change, how to change what you don’t love, and how to use The Force to kick some serious ass.
Everything is Figureoutable
By Marie Forleo
If you’re having trouble solving a problem or reaching a dream, the problem isn’t you. It’s that you haven’t yet installed the one belief that changes everything.
Whether you want to leave a dead end job, break an addiction, learn to dance, heal a relationship, or grow a business, Everything is Figureoutable will show you how.
- The habit that makes it 42 percent more likely you’ll achieve your goals
- How to overcome a lack of time and money
- How to deal with criticism and imposter syndrome
This #1 New York Times best seller is the perfect gift for a friend or yourself.
This Is My List Of Best Books For Bloggers
I hope you enjoyed this run down of great books for bloggers. Let me know which book you liked in the comments below and if you’re starting a blog, make sure to sign up to my free blogging course: Kickstart Your Money Making Blog.